This baby and toddler recipe for meatballs is fairly quick and easy with the added bonus of having secret vegetables. They also make great finger food.
Servings: Enough for two grown ups and two baby portions
- One pack of pork mince – I use the low fat version
- A small courgette
- A handful of spinach
- One tablespoon of hoisin sauce
- One tablespoon of soy sauce – I use the reduced salt version
- A sprinkling of sesame seeds
- Pasta – or you can serve with noodles or mashed potato
1. Blend the courgette and spinach until finely chopped (invisible to the eye of a baby!)
2. Tip into a bowl with the pork mince, sauces and sesame seeds – mix well.
3. Form into meatballs – as big or as little as you’d like:
4. Place them in a baking dish and put into the oven at 180 degrees.
5. Cook for 20 minutes – flip over half way so they brown all over. If they’re bigger in size, they may need an extra five minutes. Always cut one in half before serving to make sure they’re cooked throughout.
6. Meanwhile cook the pasta before serving together.
7. Enjoy! This dish was so popular at our house, my baby ate two portions!